Saturday, March 14, 2009

Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer

Summary:Breaking Dawn is split into three separate "books", or parts. The first part details Bella's marriage and honeymoon with Edward, which they spend on a private island off the coast of Brazil. Edward grants Bella's wish and makes love to her. Soon after, Bella realizes that she is pregnant.
The second part of the novel is written from Jacob's point of view, and lasts throughout Bella's pregnancy and childbirth. The pack of werewolves, not knowing what danger the unborn child may pose, make plans to destroy it, even though they must kill Bella to do so.
The third section of Breaking Dawn shifts back to Bella's perspective, finding her changed into a vampire and enjoying her new life and abilities. However, the vampire Irina misidentifies Renesmee as an "immortal child", a child who has been turned into a vampire. The creation of "immortal children" was previously outlawed by the Volturi. After Irina presents her allegation to the Volturi, they plan to destroy Renesmee and the Cullens. In an attempt to save her, the Cullens gather vampires from around the world to stand as witnesses and prove to the Volturi that Renesmee is not an immortal child. The Volturi Arrives........

Review: At the beginning of this series I was very unclear on how the plot would unfold. Although this book was not my favorite of the series, I think it was a well written, and (at least the first half)was incredibly engaging,
I think my main problem with this book was that I found it slightly anti- climatic . Unfortunately that is all the detail I can give without giving away plot lines.
Bella and Edward are hot and heavy and it seems that Jacob may have found what he needs to get past Bella. So everything should be hunky-dorey, right?
But, in this novel, that is the tip of the iceberg. Inner-turmoil and Volturi intervention lend an intense build up and fantasmic outcome..........However....
You will have to read to discover all the ins and outs of this novel. It is an good ending to a GREAT series...but all in all.........

My Rating: 4.0

If I could sum this book up in one phrase: Just give me what I want, you know I do, so why are you not giving it to me!!!!!!

3 comments:

CurtisandMindy said...

I think this book was probably my least favorite of the series. I'll spare you my list of things that bugged me and just say that it felt completely different from the other three and I felt the chemistry between Edward and Bella was messed up. Depending on the day I'm having, I might give this one a 3. Maybe a 4. Not a 5.

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

I loved this series with all my heart, but I will admit that Breaking Dawn just left me wanting something different. In all honesty I couldn't say how to make it better (even Jacob's perspective was completely necessary) but the ending... it was a bit too abrupt.
To commit on the other review, that was my first impression. The trick is re-reading, again and again, and again with the rest of the saga. That's when it feels like a perfect fit. (Just to say, I've read it around 30 times and counting, but it really doesn't take that much)
I rate it 4.5.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails