Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Can Bloggers Take Maternity Leave?

Dear RFS Readers,

I thought I'd give you all a little heads up on my upcoming absence. You see, I'm having a baby today (or so they tell me) and I'm needing to cut myself a little slack in the reading/blogging department for the next few weeks so that I can focus on my family (and sleep).

I'll be back soon, I promise. After all, this blog is called Reading for Sanity because that is what I do. I read to keep myself sane while juggling the responsibilities of chef, chauffeur, secretary, personal assistant, nanny, maid, and accountant. I am fairly confident that the impending addition to our family will prompt a reading binge the likes of which this blog has never before seen. I plan to return, along with all the other reviewers, on April 1st and so I hope you will join us then!

Wish me luck!

- Mindy

PS. Publishers and authors can still contact us at mindyoja AT hotmail DOT com for any review offers. After all - I'll still be checking my email - I'm not insane.

8 comments:

Gerbera Daisy Mom said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy this time -- we will all be waiting for you when you return!!

Amy said...

Congratulations! I hope this new addition brings much joy into your life. Thanks for all the book reviews you've done while pregnant...that's a major thing in my book! Take it easy and we'll look forward to seeing you when you return.

Paula said...

congrats hope you all are well and enjoying this special time. We look forward to your return

mormonhermitmom said...

Yay! Remember if you have to choose between a book and a nap, choose the nap. We won't mind. Much.

Momma Hunt said...

Best of luck, I will be joining you on the new momma train in three weeks. Good luck and enjoy your time with your newest little girl. Can't wait for you to come back!

Editt said...

I'm with mormonhermitmom. Choose a nap over a book when you can. I just had my third baby and sleep has never been so valued. Good luck!!! I look forward to future reviews.

Jillian said...

I love your blog!
And also, I gave you an award on mine.

Callista said...

I'm a little late but yes you can absolutely take Maternity Leave from your blog. Congratulations and good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails