Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan

Summary: All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of a victory are grim. Kronos' army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan's power only grows.While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it's up to Percy Jackson and his army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling series, the long awaited prophecy surrounding Percy's sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate. (Summary from book - Image from rickriordan.com)

My Review: If you’ve made it this far into the Percy Jackson series, it’s a good bet that you’re already pretty attached to the characters, and that reading this book is more about the final battle and tying up loose ends that about any kind of nit-picky analysis. I felt the same way while reading. I didn’t pause to write down any notes. I ignored good friends, sweet children, and my husband as well. Sometimes you just have to read – what else can I say? I don’t want to spoil anything for you die-hards out there, but I think that you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the story Riordan has crafted. This book, more than all the others, deals with the sense of abandonment and lack of recognition that most of the half-bloods have felt at one time or another . Overall, I thought The Last Olympian was an excellent way to wrap up this particular series. The last few pages contain a new prophecy and leave the book open for another separate series that will likely have some of the same characters and countless new ones. I look forward to it.

My Rating: 4.5 Stars

Sum it up: A satisfying ending to well-written series.

Also reviewed by Kari.

1 comment:

M.Lange said...

I really loved Percy Jackson & the Olympians. Plus, it was one of those few books that was actually hilarious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails