Tuesday, December 21, 2010

101 Things Husbands Do to Annoy Their Wives - Ray Comfort

Summary:  This book gives rational explanations to one of life's great mysteries: why men do the (annoying) things they do.  It helps both spouses understand, among other things, why men:
  • Dream while driving
  • Forget  people's names
  • Don't listen when wives speak
  • Rattle keys
  • Dominate the remote control
As this publication shows, we all do dumb things at times--some more than others.  Two of the keys to a happy marriage are understanding and forgiveness.  Not only will discovering our common idiosyncrasies help you feel better about your marriage, the special chapter "How to Make Your Marriage Blossom" will help you truly bring your relationship to life.  (Summary from back of the book and image from  http://images.amazon.com/)

My Review:  This is a one sitting read. While only a third of his 'annoyances' applied to my marriage, the ones that did got a chuckle out of me.  (And boy am I glad only a third apply--some of the others would make me batty!)  One of my favorites was "He won't turn on the windshield wipers until he can't see a thing in front of him." It's one of those tiny annoyances that I hardly notice, but after reading the book realized it does bother me! Another favorite was " He leaves the plastic ties off the bread," His explanation is so funny. While this is all in jest, it's a fun experiment in couple relationships. I'd recommend this book to all couples who have made it to and past the 7 year itch.

There is a section at the back of the book where the author gives ways to help your relationship. I mention this because it has a religious message. While I enjoyed the message, I realize not all will. 

Rating: 3.75 stars

Sum it up:  A good laugh for any couple that can laugh at their relationship and what drives them batty.

2 comments:

MindySue said...

I'm not sure about this book. I haven't read it, but it seems like I would come away with more things to be annoyed with than when I went in. Did you feel that way?

Kari said...

I actually thought that too going into the book, but that wasn't the case. It made me appreciate my husband all the more because there were many on there I've heard about, hadn't thought much about, and definitely don't apply to my husband. I think you'd probably find the same thing. It's written in jest--like the tie issue. And at the end it talks about a good relationship and how to keep your marriage healthy. Overall I think you'd like it. (That is, unless you married a real putz...and I know you didn't. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails