Sunday, April 17, 2011

Books at the Box Office

Recently, I saw a preview for Water For Elephants, a movie starring Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson and based on Sara Gruen's bestselling novel by the same name.  The movie looks gorgeous, and so I decided to do a post about books that are in theaters now.  Except, GASP, it turns out we haven't reviewed Water For Elephants.  I think Heather and I both read it years before this blog existed. 
*Sigh* 
It was a really good book. 
I hope the movie doesn't mess it up.

Here are several other books we have reviewed 
(other than Water for Elephants
that have recently made it to the big screen :

Jane Eyre 

 Water for Elephants

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

I am Number Four

Beastly

Harry Potter and the
Deathly Hallows (Part Two)

Other Movie News

The Help is coming to theaters in August 2011.
Read our reviews of Kathryn Stockett's bestselling novel.

Read our review of The Giver, which is rumored to be in development

I heard they just cast Katniss, Peeta, and Gale 
in the new The Hunger Games movie. 
Read our reviews of the first book in this fast-paced trilogy.

Are there any books you are DYING to have made into movies? 
Have you heard of one being produced? 
Share it in our comments section so we can all get excited!
 

2 comments:

Julie @ Read Handed said...

I'm intrigued by the Water for Elephants movie. I thought the book was entertaining and loved how the story was from the old man's point of view. I especially liked the parts that talked about him in the nursing home. I am not, however, a fan of Robert Pattinson (nothing personal, I'm just not a Twilighter and he always looks so depressed) and the idea of him being the love interest to Reese Witherspoon in a movie is strange to me. I do plan to see it, though.

Jillian said...

I want to watch Water for Elephants so bad.. but come on. It's all about HARRY POTTER. haha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails