Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Whichbook

Have you been to Whichbook yet?  
If not, I seriously suggest you haul your butt on over there and mess around a bit. 

Around here we read for sanity.  
To me that means we read whatever we feel we need to read
to keep us from going completely postal.

For example, if I've had a really bad day and I just want to unwind,
I usually look for something easy to read.  Something funny. 
 Something romantic or really beautifully written.   

The problem is, I can't always judge a book by its cover, trailer, or blurb.

Whichbook is unique site for choosing what to read.




If you know what you're in the mood for (happy/sad, funny/serious, expected/unpredictable, easy/demanding, etc.) all you have to do is move the sliders to indicate the levels of what you'd like to read and see what comes up.  For example, I could search for an easy read, that was only slightly predictable, mostly happy, and very funny.  There are a lot more criteria to search by and you can even indicate your preferences for character, setting, and plot.  It's actually quite fun!  They even allow you to search by author or browse through a number of interesting book lists, and still see how they rank on the sliding scale.

 Every title on Whichbook has been read by on of 70 people chosen from library and literary organizations
 -- also known as book lovers -- who work together to rate and comment on each book.

So in short, if our little reviewing hiatus has left you in dire need of something to read...
...head on over to Whichbook and play around.  I bet you'll find something worth reading.

Click here to check out their blog.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

PS. In case you were wondering, this isn't a paid advertisement.  I have not yet sold my soul.  Whichbook has no idea that I'm doing this.  I just think it's a cool site.

1 comment:

Ash said...

Wow, this site sounds perfect for me. I love that it will tell you which book you should read next by your mood, that is how I'm always looking for my next read but most sites just ask what you read last and direct you to more books like that. Thanks for sharing! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails