Friday, September 7, 2012

Only the Good Spy Young - Ally Carter

Only the Good Spy Young is the fourth book in the Gallagher Girls series.  If you're interested in reading it, you might want to start with our reviews of the first three (I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, and Don't Judge a Girl by her Cover)

Summary:  When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy.  What she didn't know was that the serious, real-life danger would start as soon as her junior year.  But that's exactly what happened two months ago when she faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her.

Now the danger follows her everywhere, and even Cammie "The Chameleon" can't hide.  When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most trusted allies is actually a rogue double agent, Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers -- or even her own heart.

In this fourth installment of the NYT best-selling series, the Gallagher Girls must hack, spy, steal, and lie their way to the truth as they go searching for answers, recognizing that the key to Cammie's future may lie deep in the past.  (Summary from book - Image from publisher's website)

*It's 1:15am.  I should be asleep but I had to finish this book.  Not because it was particularly amazing (it was pretty good, though) but because I knew that if I went one more day without finishing a book I was going to need to be placed in restraints or thrown in a padded room.  Probably both.  Please take the fact that I am functioning on very little sleep into account*

My Review:  Only the Good Spy Young is the fourth book in an adorable series about a young girl named Cammie who attends an elite boarding school... for spies-in-training.  In this book, Cammie is the mission -- her life is in serious danger as she is hunted by the mysterious Circle of Cavan.  Now the school is on lock down, her mother is mostly MIA, and no one will tell her anything; when a trusted mentor is accused of treason, the Gallagher Girls will stop at nothing to uncover the truth.  They just have to do it without getting caught...or blown up.  That might be a problem.     

Here's the deal.  If you've read this far in the series you probably will keep reading regardless of what I say, so let's just leave this review simple.  I had fun with this one.   Even though I read this book in spurts, I was always longing to go back to it and it was easy to jump right back into the story. Ally Carter has given the Gallagher Girls such delightful, charming voices, that you can't help but love them even if they are teenagers. I also admire the author's ability to create a captivating plot that entertains without venturing into adult entertainment.  It's purely PG, purely fun, and a great continuation of the series.   I look forward to reading the newest addition, Out of Sight Out of Time, as soon as it's my turn at the library.    

My Rating: 4 Stars

For the sensitive reader:  Some smooching.  

Sum it up:  The Gallagher Girls are at it again in a great continuation of the series!

2 comments:

Brittany Kingsleigh said...

I've read the first books of this series and now I'm thinking of reading them again thanks to this post.

Monica said...

This one was a little different than the rest (I thought) but I ended up liking it just as much. A fun series!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails