Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Out of Sight, Out of Time - Ally Carter

Out of Sight, Out of Time is the fifth book in the Gallagher Girls Series.  Click to read our reviews of books 1-4:  I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, Don't Judge a Girl by her Cover, and Only the Good Spy Young)

Summary:  The last thing Cammie Morgan remembers is leaving the Gallagher Academy to protect her friends and family from the Circle of Cavan -- an ancient terrorist organization that has been hunting her for over a year.  But when Cammie wakes up in an Alpine convent and discovers that months have passed, she must face the fact that her memory is now a black hole.  The only traces left of Cammie's summer vacation are the bruises on her body and dirty under her nails, and all she wants is to go home.

Once she returns to school, however, Cammie realizes that the Gallagher Academy now holds more questions than answers.  Cammie, her friends, and mysterious spy-guy Zach must face their most difficult challenge yet as they travel to the other side of the world, hoping to piece together the clues that Cammie left behind.  It's a race against time.  The Circle is hot on their trail and will stop at nothing to prevent Cammie from remembering what she did last summer. (Summary from book - Image from www.gallaghergirls.wikia.com )

My Review:  When Cammie wakes up battered, bruised, and missing four months of her life, the last thing she remembers was leaving school to protect her friends and family the Circle of Cavan, a vicious terrorist organization determined to capture her at all cost.  Now she's regained consciousness in a convent in the Swiss Alps with no memory, a wicked headache, and some bizarre new talents?!  That can't be good.  One sat-phone call later and Cammie is on her way home, but quickly discovers that the Circle of Cavan doesn't want to catch her anymore -- they want to kill her.

I am smitten by this series.  Like the four novels that came before it, Out of Sight, Out of Time was an amusing afternoon read and so dang cute I could have eaten it for breakfast.  However, it had a slightly different feel than some of Carter's other novels, primarily because of Cammie's memory loss.  The story focused less on her spy training and more on using it as the Gallagher girls go on an often unsanctioned mission to uncover what happened to her over the summer.

I've probably said this before, but it bares repeating:  One of my favorite aspects of the Gallagher Girls series are the Gallagher Girls themselves.  Cammie and her friends are wonderfully strong, supportive female characters whose unique voices and sarcastic humor will likely captivate older tweens, YA readers, and the occasional needs-to-read-to-stay-sane adult (that's me).

Be warned!!  I really enjoyed this book, but it will definitely leave you with questions if you haven't read the previous novels (why would you even do that?!).  Go ahead and pick them up at your local bookstore or library.  They are adorable!   I will definitely be reading the sixth and final book in the series when it is released (and then I'll move on to the first book in her most recent series, Heist Society.).

My Rating: 4 Stars

For the sensitive reader:  Things get a little more serious between Zach and Cammie.  Not "bedroom" serious, mind you.  More the "hold her while she cries and they fall asleep on a floor mat" serious.

Sum it up:  When is the next book coming out!!!?!??
___________________________________________________________

For more information on this series, visit Ally's website.

If you're interested in purchasing this series, you can find a FABULOUS deal on all the books here.  Not a paid advertisement -- just me trying to hook you up with a great series.  You can thank me later.

3 comments:

Maria said...

I have also loved this series!! Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Monica said...

I love this serious and believe my first intro to it came from you! I'm one to wait for the whole series to come out before buying it so I can get them all in one neat little package - but I plan to get them for my daughter - they are so fun! And I too am anxious for the next book.

Lynette said...

I love this series so much! I seriously cannot wait for the next one, it's going to be so amazing! This was probably my favorite one so far. Great review!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails