Monday, November 5, 2012

Good Night, Little Sea Otter - Janet Halfmann


illustrated by Wish Williams
____________________________

Summary:  Little ones will soon settle down for bedtime just like Little Sea Otter as he snuggles with mama in a cozy bed of sea kelp and calls goodnight to all his ocean friends - sea lions, sea snails, seagulls, seals, and sea urchins.  They all reply.  The gently rocking sea and Mama's loving arms soon send Little Sea Otter to dreamland.  (Summary from starbrightbooks.com - Image from kid-lit-reviews.com - This book was free in exchange for an honest review)

_____________________________


My Review:  Good Night, Little Sea Otter has become a nightly favorite for my two-and-a-half year old daughter, Cora.   Honestly, I don't blame her; it's pretty cute.  Lovable Little Sea Otter simply must say good night to all the sea creatures in ocean before drifting off to sleep, wrapped up snugly in the anchoring sea kelp.  The adult in me loved the subtle alliteration and, while I could have done with a few less words (we're in the again! again! phase), the kid in me loved looking at pictures like these: 


My favorite aspect of this sweet story is that it inspired my children to all kinds imaginative play.  After we finished reading, Cora cradled her baby doll and rocked her gently, whispering "rock-a-bye, rock-a-bye."   Even my older daughters got in on the act; while I read, they sat quietly nearby pretending not to listen, but soon after wrapped themselves and their little sis up in "sea kelp," (aka a blanket) just like Little Sea Otter.   Frankly, it was rather adorable -- their antics and this book.  I imagine that your little one would love it as well.

Good Night, Little Sea Otter is available in six different languages and in hardback or paperback.  If you'd like to purchase it, or simply take a closer look, click here.  

My Rating: 4.25 Stars

Sum it up:  Simply adorable bed time reading.

1 comment:

Janet Halfmann http://www.janethalfmann.com said...

So happy your family is enjoying Good Night, Little Sea Otter so much! Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails