Monday, October 28, 2013

And Then There Were None


Summary:  First there were ten--a curious assortment of strangers summoned as weekend guests to a private island off the coast of Devon. Their host, an eccentric millionaire unknown to all of them, is nowhere to be found. All that the guests have in common is a wicked past they're unwilling to reveal--and a secret that will seal their fate. For each has been marked for murder. One by one they fall prey. Before the weekend is out, there will be none. And only the dead are above suspicion.

My Review:  Rarely you find an author that you love so much that you don’t even need to read the premise of their newest book, you just buy it.  Agatha Christie is on my shortlist of authors I trust implicitly, and this book is the one that introduced me to her.  I love mystery.  I love books that make me think, that make me search for the truth, and this one, oh, my goodness!  Years after reading it for the first time, I still find my heart racing In the last couple of scenes.  I still get goose bumps at the reveal.  It is a perfect example of why Agatha Christie is the queen of mystery.

As the number-one best-selling mystery novel, ever, this is one mystery that has withstood the test of time.  The twists and turns are so intricate, the characters so well-developed, it’s impossible to not feel like you’ve been held “captive” on the island with the guests.  And the ending.  That ending!!  I bow to Dame Agatha Christie – this one is NOT one to miss!

My Rating:  Five stars

For the Sensitive Reader:  There are ten murders committed in a variety of fashions.

This novel was originally published under the name "Ten Little [Bad word deleted]", and sometimes under "Ten Little Indians", after a british nursery rhyme.   

2 comments:

Nidhi Mahajan said...

I have always loved Agatha Christie when I was in school. Have read tones of Poirot mysteries.

I also have a book review blog. Check it out, if you like- http://literaturemartini.blogspot.in/

Khammila S. said...

Great review! Read this book and was also completely terrified and amazed at the end. I just discovered your blog but will most likely continue using it for finding new books to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails