Monday, November 11, 2013

NaNoWriMo - Are You in the Loop?

NaNoWriMo - it's not only baffling visually, I'm still at a loss of how to pronounce it.  Know what it is?  November is National Novel Writing Month - and it's a pretty big deal in the writing world!  The goal is to write a novel - 50,000 words or more within the month, and if you choose, submit it to the nanowrimo.org website to win.

But, I've always wondered how good some of these novels are.  True, the first drafts are probably throw-aways, but Mental Floss (I love their twitter feed.  It makes me feel smart!) did the work and put together a list of some novels which were penned during NaNoWriMo.

Check it out here, then come back and tell us: have you read any of these?  Which are your favorites?  Are YOU participating in NaNoWriMo?

4 comments:

Tiffany Bowcut said...

I didn't know The Night Circus was written for NaNoWritM.! That's cool! I guess its time to finally put my novel to paper.

Marsh Mayhem said...

Shocking, huh? Good luck - and let us know when it's published!!

authorcaitlinjacobs.com said...

Hooray for NaNoWriMo! I've been doing it the last few years, and the book I started two years ago is finally done and I'm looking for an agent for it. Hopefully someday my book can be on that list of 'nano novels that were published.' Until then, I just keep writing!

Kristian said...

I'm doing NaNoWrimo! It's fun if you have the time to do it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails