Tuesday, November 19, 2013

'Tis the Season - Shopping for your Book-Loving Friends and Family

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Brad Wirz, the founder and CEO of Gone Reading International, to see if I would review a few of his products.  Given that this is a reading blog, I must admit that I was dubious, until I did a little more research into his company.  

Gone Reading is an organization dedicated to reading and global literacy.  The story is amazing, but I'll let you read it here.   In short, they dedicate all after-tax proceeds to building libraries around the world.  And if there's one thing we're passionate about here, it's reading!  Brad was kind enough to send me a couple items to review, and as the gift-giving season is upon us, I can't let this wonderful organization be ignored!

Gone Reading sent both a book platter and an engagement calendar for me to review.  Please forgive my photos, they certainly don't do these products justice!


Selection of book platters from GoneReading.com 

I love plates, and I have fallen in love with this little platter!  I've found myself looking for excuses to use it, and it's the perfect size for smaller dishes.  Unlike most platters I've seen, it has quite a defined edge, which means my food has stayed put in the platter.  
I took this platter of brownies to a Girls' Night -- the platter got as many raves as the brownies!

I love how subtle and yet defined this platter is!
 This is definitely a platter I would buy on my own. It's solid ceramic, feels quite sturdy, and I look forward to years of use!

The Engagement Calendar that I received is simply breathtaking.  Not only is the paper thick and high quality, the paintings inside are beautiful.
Cover
I wanted to give you a shot of the inside.  I love that there are paintings of women reading throughout the book, as well as quotes regarding reading.  There are also very handy Time Zone sections, a planning section for 2015 (are we there already?!), and notes for expenses.  My husband has taken us to a fully digital calendar, but this is the perfect gift for someone in particular on my list!

Shot of the interior - great amount of room!

Guess what?!  Gone Reading has generously offered Reading for Sanity readers their own discount - 25% off all merchandise from now until the end of the year!  Just enter code:  rfs25 upon checkout. I can't think of a better place to shop for the readers in your life.  Now.  Let's go fund some libraries!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Those plates are too flipping cute! I have a couple of friends who come over who are also readers and it would be really cool to have one of these plates as a serving dish. They'd get a total kick out it.
Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

Tiffany Bowcut said...

Those platters are awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails