Monday, December 9, 2013

I Hope You Know How Much I Love You - John Bytheway

Summary:  Recharge your spiritual batteries with this delightful Time Out for Women Classic book by well-known author and speaker, John Bytheway.  With humor and insight, John takes us through invaluable lessons he has learned in order to have a happier life.  His advice to be content with ourselves and our accomplishments, reduce stress by striving to have the Spirit with us, choose to be delightful, show more appreciation to those we love, and rely on the Savior, among other great ideas, offers hope to us all.  As John states, "Hopefully this book will be a battery charge for our lives."  (Summary from back book jacket and image from  deseretbook.com/)

My Review:  At only 52 pages, and only 2/3's your typical size page, this is a speed read.  My sister-in-law recommended it by saying she has her own personal copy of the book and she owns a lending copy--it is that precious to her.  After that recommendation I couldn't pass it up.  (I want to note that I did not go to Time Out For Women, so I couldn't speak to how this was shared there.)

I chose to read this book around Thanksgiving to help refocus my mind on what matters.  Knowing that I went into reading this book with that focus, I think it's important to note that this book will have certain sections that will speak to different people at different times in their lives.  I found myself breezing through the first half, but when the second half started I slowed down and really started pondering the words.  It's not just about how to appreciate one another; it shares ideas on insight for gaining perspective and patience, for purposefully choosing how you'll deal with difficult situations.  I love the ideas shared.  I value all the people quoted.  It is important to note that John Bytheway, while a recognizable name for people of the LDS faith, is not a household name otherwise.  And as such, he quotes mainly LDS figures (prophets, apostles, women leaders, etc.). 

If you're looking for something to inspire you that won't take time to get through, or if you're looking for an uplifting book to give as a gift, this is a great choice.  I'm already thinking of who I could
purchase this little piece of gold for.

For the sensitive reader: Clean as a whistle.  (Maybe that wasn't the best analogy--regardless, it's 100% clean.)

Rating: 4 Stars

Sum it up: Little pearls of wisdom in a blazing fast read.

2 comments:

Tiffany Bowcut said...

This is one of his I haven;t read yet. I will have to check it out!

foundbetweenthecovers said...

Sounds like a good read for us all. Thanks for the review.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails