Friday, January 10, 2014

My Rhinoceros - Jon Agee

Summary:  Watch Jon Agee win over a new flock of fans--the toddler set

If you should ever get a rhinoceros for a pet, you're in for a surprise. It won't chase a ball. Or a stick. Or a frisbee. In fact, according to the experts, a rhinoceros does only two things: pop balloons and poke holes in kites.

But don't be discouraged. As you'll discover in Jon Agee's hilarious picture book, rhinoceroses can do more--so much more--than that!  (Image and summary taken from goodreads.com)

My Review:  According to the rhinoceros expert, pet rhinos are only supposed to do two things: pop balloons and poke holes in kites.  Unfortunately, our protagonist's pet doesn't even do that!  He was walking his pet rhino home, dejectedly, when they spy two robbers escaping in a hot air balloon and a big kite.  Can his rhinoceros rise to the occasion?

This book made me giggle.  It also became a swift favorite of my two year old - not only does it have awesome rhinoceros pictures, but what a rhinoceros!  If you're looking for a great book to read with your toddler, this is definitely one to check out!
My Rating:  Four stars

1 comment:

Annabel Krantz said...

I looove kids books. I tell myself that they're 'for my nieces and nephew' :p This one looks like it'll be on my list! Have you read the wombat books by jackie french? They're adorable too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails