Monday, January 20, 2014

Series Spotlight - The Kane Chronicles

Occasionally, we stumble upon a book series that we just love, but there are either too many books to review them one by one, or (in my case) we are currently reading a later book in the series and don't want to review them out of order.  However, these series are wonderful and deserve to be shared - hence the Series Spotlights!

I am a huge fan of anything by Rick Riordan.  Both the Percy Jackson series and the Heroes of Olympus series have delighted me and are currently delighting my boy.  However, how familiar are you with his series, the Kane Chronicles?




Instead of revisiting the Greek and Roman mythologies we've come to expect, this time Riordan dives into the Egyptian myths, bringing to life the gods and goddesses whose names we know, but with whom we're not as familiar.

I loved this series.  I'm fascinated by Egypt, and having always wanted to know more of their mythology, this was a fun series.  It certainly made me more curious about ancient Egypt, their beliefs and customs, and whether magic was as prominent as it is in this series.

This series is a little more mature than the Percy Jackson series - more in line with the Heroes of Olympus.  However, if you have a middle schooler who is itching for some good books, this is a great series to throw their way!

2 comments:

Tiffany Bowcut said...

I am going to have to check this series out.

Vero G. Jimenez said...

I love this series, Carter and Sadie are awesome ... and funny
I wish this saga have more books like Percy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails