Summary: Beam N Read LED3 and LED6 Deluxe Hands Free Light
- Extra wide and bright personal light from 3 or 6 LED's that won't disturb others
- Especially useful for needlecrafts and all craft work
- 4 standard alkaline AA batteries (not included) last 50 hours at full brightness
- 2 clip-on filters: red for maintaining night vision, orange for a softer light
- Large 4"x5" acrylic fresnel magnifier for detail work attaches to light with adjustable clip-on hinge in either vertical or horizontal position (Lights given free for review. Image from flashlightguide.com and Amazon.com)
My Review: I started using these in June, but with it staying light outside so late, I didn't use them as much as I am now. I have a kindle fire and read before bed. I was finding that the light from the Kindle screen was not allowing me to relax and fall asleep. Having been sent two of Beam N Read's portable lights I figured I'd give them a try. The lights have two clip on filters that soften the glow of the light to red or orange. This is exactly what I needed. I found that with the clip on filter I was able to fall asleep quickly because the light from my Kindle screen wasn't keeping me stimulated.
I also started using this when reading in the car on long trips. The light is subtle enough to not disturb my sleeping children or my husband while driving. I'm sure it will come in handy for finding that fruit snack that rolled under my seat too!
Beam N Read sent me two portable lights (one small and one a bit larger), and I've shared the smaller light with my daughter who shares a room with her younger sister. She struggles to fall asleep at night and wants to read to decompress. The problem is that the light keeps her sister awake and the bickering ensues. Beam N Read has been a little life saver for our sanity in the evenings and has helped my oldest find a way to relax without bothering her sister. That right there should be endorsement enough!
If you're looking for a light for detail work you do in the evenings, need a light to read at night that won't bother the person you share a room with, or need something to help you utilize your e-reader
Rating: 5 stars
Sum it up: A great little light to help you read at night.