Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!! Wait, already?!


This year has been wonderful.  We've added new (amazing) reviewers, said goodbye to one, read our fair share of books (good, bad, and ugly), and I think I speak for all of us when I say we're excited to see what 2015 holds.

A few years ago, I set a goal to read at least one non-fiction or classic book a month, and it's become a habit I love.  So, this year, I asked our reviewers what their 2015 Reading Resolutions are, and I thought I'd share.

But you've got to be nice and share your resolutions, too!!

Mindy:  "Read something ... anything!  But especially something that requires IQ points to read."

Emily:  "Read every book club book (rather than just showing up for the food and a night out)."

Kari:  "My resolution is to read 35 books this coming year - whether I review all those, that's too be seen!"

Ashley:  "A book a week."

Lara:  "I saw this fun list and thought I might take a stab at it, with some possible modifications.  Some books will cover more than one checkmark.  I'm working on listing what books I plan for each listing, though some I'll leave open for fun!  But first, I'm finishing my re-read of the A Song of Ice and Fire series.  It's a real commitment! :)"

As for me, I love that list Lara's going to use.  But my goal is twofold - break the reading rut and work on absorbing more of what I read.

We wish you the happiest of New Year's days, filled with reading by a fire (or a furnace) and cozy blankets!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails