Wednesday, March 23, 2016

101 Things to Do Before You Grow Up - Creative Team of Weldon Owen


Summary: There's a lot to do before you get old and boring! Live it up with 101 activities that celebrate childhood, discovery, and just plain having fun. Have you ever made a time capsule? Do you have a signature dance move? And do you know the secret for folding the perfect paper airplane? This ready-made bucket list for kids is a journey through art, science, writing, and all the memory making and exploring that is the best part of childhood. Take this travel-friendly guidebook with you, and check off each adventure along the way. (Summary and image from goodreads.com.  I was provided a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.)

Review: I keep doing this!! I get these amazing and fun books to review, I get so excited about reviewing them that I talk to everyone I know about them, we get so involved using the book ... and then I realize that actually publishing my review got lost in the enjoyment of the book.

So, the cat's out of the bag ... this is a must-have book. Everything about it is designed to entice children to play.  The vibrant colors, the fun fonts, not to mention the awesome activities and factoids, it's like walking into a candy store.  It doesn't hurt that every page has a Date Completed area, so you can check things off as you finish them.  

Time for another confession: It took me longer to review this than I wished because my kids kept stealing it.  They had so much fun reading and doing the activities within the book that it kept disappearing off my shelf!  In order to review a book,  I like being able to have it on hand to flip through and refresh my memory ... and with it constantly walking off in the hands of one of my three, that was difficult!

If you're looking for something to spice up a school break, or something to just break your kids out of a slump in their routine, this is one you need to check out.  From juggling to science experiments, fun facts to Zodiacs, this is a book that won't ever go out of date!


Rating: Five stars

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails