Monday, April 18, 2016

The Pumpkin Lover's Cookbook - Lyuba Brooke

SummaryUse your fall decor for more than just jack-o-lanterns! 

These delicious pumpkin treats will make your friends and family turn orange with envy. With over seventy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers, and desserts, this book is stuffed with tasty and tempting treats you’re sure to love. 

Try the 

Pumpkin Streusel Muffins 
Pumpkin Cheesecake Angel Trifles 
Pumpkin Curry Sauce 
Mushroom & Onion Dip in Roasted Pumpkin 
Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi and Cheese 

And then wash it all down with some pumpkin hot apple cider! Perfect for autumn or all year round, this cookbook will have your whole family falling in love with pumpkins! (Summary and pic from goodreads.com)

My Review: I am not at all embarrassed to admit that I am one of those people who is obsessed with pumpkin. Pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin cupcakes. Pumpkin ice cream. Pumpkin hot chocolate. Pumpkin bread. The list goes on and on. If it has pumpkin in it, I wouldn’t guarantee I’ve tried it because there are a ton of things with pumpkin out there nowadays for obsessed people like me, but I have tried quite a few things. I have loved, almost unequivocally, all of it. Now. Sometimes it doesn’t work—and I get that. I haven’t tried ALL the things because of that. However, it is my humble opinion that pumpkin is deelish.

I have a friend who unabashedly indulges me in all things pumpkin. She buys me pumpkin treats all year round, and keeps my pantry, fridge, and freezer well-stocked. Imagine my delight when she also got me this cookbook for my birthday! Oh my heck! I was seriously excited. I love cookbooks anyway, but considering my love of cookbooks AND my love of pumpkin? This was a dream come true.

Here is what I love about this cookbook—the recipes are really delicious, and not just because I’m a pumpkin freak (which I am). The recipes are actually legit recipes of normal things (from breakfast, to lunch, to dinner, to dessert, and beyond) with pumpkin as one of the main ingredients. I was a little skeptical, if not cautiously optimistic. My family and I ventured from the normal things (cookies, treats) to the not necessarily normal (pumpkin alfredo, pumpkin enchiladas, etc.). They were all good! I have to admit that when I made different pumpkin recipes four days in a row my kids, who are notoriously picky and ridiculous, were crying uncle, but that didn’t mean that they didn’t like it, just that they maybe would like something a little different than a daily dose of pumpkin. So maybe my suggestion would be to not make all the recipes in the space of a week. Because of this initial binge I’ve had to space things out a bit, but the things we have tried have been really, really good. Surprisingly good, actually. Even I wasn’t sure of the levels of my pumpkin love, but this cookbook has assured me that yes, I do love pumpkin, and yes, it is good in things that aren’t just sweet or snacky.

The book itself is soft cover and has pretty pictures. The author is a food blogger so you know that there are some great pics and some fun writing going on. It’s a really good addition to a specialty cookbook collection.

If you are a person who loves having lots of cookbooks for all kinds of things, and especially if you are a lover of pumpkin, this book is for you!

My Rating: 5 Stars

For the sensitive reader: This book is clean.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails