Sunday, October 30, 2016

Dracula - Stoker Rocks Glass - theuncommongreen

DescriptionOne 11 oz rocks glass showcasing the first edition cover and opening lines of Bram Stoker's Dracula.
3May. Bistritz. --Left Munich at 8.35 p.m. on 1st May, arriving at Vienna early next morning; should have arrived at 6.46, but the train was an hour late. Buda-Pesth seems a wonderful place..." (Description and pic from www.theuncommongreen.com)
I was given a free rocks glass in exchange for an honest review.
Summary: You guys. Okay. I am seriously excited about today's review. First of all, I don't know about you, but I love fall, I love Halloween, I love the colors outside, fall clothes, costumes, scary decorations, crisper weather, changing seasons, trick or treating and trick or treaters, etc., etc., etc. I don't think I'm alone here. I feel like LOTS of people love fall and Halloween and the whole season in general. If my kids had their way, we would decorate for Halloween on September 1st. I can usually hold them off until at least mid-month, and in a pinch October 1st, but if it goes much past that then I have a full-blown riot on my hands. This year we decorated earlier rather than later, and we've been enjoying our cob-webbed (this time on purpose) home complete with all kinds of scary and creepy beloved decorations. When I saw this fabulous rocks glass, I knew I had to add it to my collection of cool Halloween stuff.
As a book reviewer it probably does not surprise you at all that I'm a bit of a nerd. I'm not apologetic of this, and I fully embrace that I am married to a geek (nerds and geeks are not the same--get your facts straight) and that geeks rule the world, so I am happy to admit that we are both pretty excited about this fun and smart rocks glass that I received. First of all, we love Dracula. If you have not read Dracula, you are not only missing out on a seriously scary Halloween season read, but also on a piece of classic literature. This is the book that started it all, folks. This tumbler embraces this. I love the script on the front of it, I love the first chapter of the book on the back of it, I love that I look wordy and smart and classy all in one when I've got it. I mean, it is really very cool. Admittedly I am not a consumer of alcohol, but I do love this glass for other things. First of all, it's really heavy and the glass is really nice. I may not drink alcohol, but I certainly understand the difference between cheap glass from IKEA and legit heavy glass that keeps things cold and looks classy. I did drink out of this, and the weight was really great as well. It feels substantial. Honestly, though, it was so awesome that I couldn't just keep it in my cabinet for a drink here and there, so it is now featured prominently in my Halloween decorations in my formal music room and I have gotten many compliments on it. It looks really cool and others are totally jealous of how witty and awesome it looks (and presumably think I'm super smart because I have it. haha) 
If I had a complete set of these I would absolutely use them for a dinner party or a Halloween party. They would be perfect served with appetizers and drinks, or even a drink after dinner. Like I said, they're smart, they're beautiful, they're really quite fun. I think they really capture the essence of Halloween and the season. There are other classic book rocks glasses available, so you could even mix and match and look awesome at book club or any social gathering, really. They're the ultimate conversation piece. I love dishes that tell a story--no pun intended here--and these ones really do the trick.
My Rating: 5 Stars
For the sensitive type: These have first chapters of classical literature on them. They're clean and classy.

1 comment:

Ki-o-TEE said...

That is SO cool! Dracula rocks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails