Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The LEGO Christmas Ornaments Book - Chris McVeigh

Summary: This Christmas, LEGO is moving from under the tree to on the tree! With The LEGO Christmas Ornaments Book as your guide, you'll make classic globe and barrel ornaments, all out of LEGO, as well as original gingerbread houses, a merry Santa, arcade cabinets, and many more.

Packed with step-by-step instructions for 15 charming builds, The LEGO Christmas Ornaments Book is the perfect family activity this holiday season. Summary and image from goodreads.com.  I was provided a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Review: Are you a Lego house?  This is something I've learned parenting boys - you're either a Lego house or you're not.  If you are, you're a Lego House for life.  And by life, I mean I think my mom still finds random Legos hiding in the carpet, and she's a grandmother.

We're a Lego House. The obsession started young with my oldest and has carried right on through to all of them.  As a Lego House, it's important for me for my kids to think of fun, inventive ways to use their Legos aside from the kits they came assigned to.  Enter: The LEGO Christmas Ornaments Book. This is the coolest book ever. My kids (even the slightly-less-obsessed girl) fought over who got to build what, who got to read the instructions, and who got to keep it in their room.  

The instructions are easy to follow and are illustrated in exactly the same way as the actual Lego instructions you get in the kits. Scratch that, I found them easier.  Some of those color choices are impossible to decipher for my old eyes, and I didn't doubt one piece!

If you're shopping for a Lego House this season, this is a great gift to pass on to your Lego obsessed tykes.  (I won't even judge if you give it to the tykes' Lego obsessed aunts and uncles!)

Rating: Five stars 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails