Friday, March 24, 2017

The Chocolate Lover's Cookbook - Christina Dymock

Summary: Indulge your inner chocoholic! 

Whatever your preference—silky smooth, decadently rich, or paired with peanut butter—chocolate is a delightful addition to any meal. Satisfy your chocolate cravings with these delicious recipes: 

Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies 
Chocolate Crêpes 
Blueberry and White Chocolate 
Cookies S’mores Ice Cream 
One-Bag Chocolate Ganache 

Prepare yourself for chocolate euphoria with over 50 recipes inside. From tasty desserts to incredible sauces and everything in between, The Chocolate Lover’s Cookbook is the perfect resource for the chocolate enthusiast. (Summary and pic from goodreads.com)

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

My Review: I feel like that at this point, if you haven't just gone out and purchased the book right now after seeing the title, even without my review, you just should. I mean, who isn't a chocolate lover? I have met a few people in my life, and I always find I feel like it's hard to trust them. How do you not like chocolate? How do you not want chocolate All The Time? How do you not believe that All The Things should be chocolate? I mean, for reallzz. But apparently I'm a little obsessed.

It is no surprise that when given the chance to review this cookbook I just jumped right at it, one hand held high, the other hand gripping my favorite bag of chocolate chips in hopes of starting off right away. Which is what I did.

Many times when I get recipe books I make them for my family, and I have to make them one recipe at a time. Or a few recipes for one meal. Very rarely do I just make a ton of things all at once. Not so with this book. Just as I feel like I should always binge on chocolate, I felt like this gave me a very good excuse to actually do that and not look like a complete glutton. Or at least a glutton with a purpose, which is much better, right?

My first audience was a game night where we had invited two other couples. I made four of the recipes then. Everybody was super excited when they got to my house and saw all of the amazingness just waiting for them. They all loved it.

My second audience was the school librarian. She lets PTA use her lovely library for our meetings, and is generally just a really good support. And she lends me her books. And she likes chocolate. So she was another obvious choice. She was very excited, because those treats apparently arrived just in the nick of time due to some craziness going on at school. They saved her. Chocolate saves.

I also took them to a church activity, where it turned out it was a good thing I had tried one ahead of time because I never made it over to the table fast enough to get one at the event before everyone else had taken all of them.

Chocolate is delicious, it saves lives, and it makes you popular. What's not to love?

As far as the actual recipes go in this book, some I liked better than others. They were all really good, but some I just preferred and would make again regularly. Others I may not make as regularly. However, at game night--when there were six of us tasting all the different treats--everyone preferred something different, so I like that this book has something for everyone.

My one complaint is that some of my desserts did not turn out looking like the pictures in the book. I know, I know. This is obvious. People nowadays have some mad skillz when it comes to photographing their recipes. But just be aware that you may not be able to make things look as good as Dymock does. Some did look just as good, but others not as much. Seems obvious, right? 

If you like chocolate, I recommend this. Highly recommend. There are still several more recipes I am looking forward to trying. This isn't a huge cookbook, but there is enough variety and enough recipes that it will keep you rollin' in the chocolate for some time to come.

My Rating: 4 Stars

For the sensitive reader: Chocolate. If this offends you, DON'T READ THIS BOOK.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails