Due to a recent FTC ruling we are required to let our readers know when we are reviewing a book for a publisher or author. In the event that we are reviewing a free review copy, it will be noted below the book summary with the words "this book given free for review."
For Publishers & Authors
We recognize that books are an extension of their author's soul and we would love to be able to accept every book for review. However, at this time (8/12), we are not accepting self-published books or books that are only available as e-books. We have been overwhelmed with review requests and feel that eliminating these options will reduce the number of requests to a more manageable level and still allow us to read books from our personal to-read stacks. Additionally, although our reviewers have varying tastes, it's safe to say that there are certain genres we prefer to leave on the shelf. These include erotica, bondage, or any other explicit materials (basically, anything that could be classified as pornographic). It just isn't our cup of tea.
If you would like to send us a copy (or several) of your book for review or to give away to our readers please contact Elizabeth, our blog administrator, at readingforsanity(at)gmail(dot)com. When she receives a book offer, she will forward it to all the RFS reviewers and await their response. If she gets one, so will you (and it will have a shipping address). Generally, we prefer print copies but do have one or two e-readers in the group.
In your email, please include:
- Title and author of the book you would like us to review
- Cover image to use in the review
- A small teaser about your book. Think the blurb on the back of a book. If you give away the ending we will give your email to spammers.
- An excerpt from your book, no longer than a chapter.
- Any links you think we might find helpful
- Let us know if you would be open to a giveaway. Your response will not affect our response or review.
- We only give away books that we have read, reviewed, and rated at least 4 or 5 stars.
- We DO NOT review books in the order we receive them. At Reading For Sanity we read what we want to read when we want to read it, because that is what keeps us from going completely postal. We have large stacks of review copies and, unless we have agreed to a specific review date, a review copy will come out of the stack if and when it calls our name. Some books are louder than others. Better teach yours to yodel.
- We do receive a lot of requests. Want to make sure your book is chosen for review? Read this post - How to Automatically Disqualify your Book for Review - and know that we really appreciated well-written requests!
Our Official (and Boring) Review Policy
This policy is valid from 08 July 2010
This blog is a collaborative blog written by a group of individuals. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free books from publishers or authors. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on books given for review. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. We will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our opinion, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a book should be verified by the publisher or author.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/