Monday, July 30, 2012

I Am So Ashamed (aka Books I'm Embarassed I Haven't Read Yet)

As a book reviewer, there are certain books that I've heard about for years that I have never gotten around to reading.    People bring them up in conversation and I nod my head along with the group and just pray they don't ask me what I thought of the book.  It's a little embarrassing.

So, in the interest of full disclosure (I can't have you thinking I'm too cool *snort*), here's just a few book I'm mortified I haven't read yet.  All of them are allegedly amazing and are sitting in my stack of to-reads right now so, who knows, maybe by the end of this reviewing hiatus I might have actually read a few of them.




 (I know, right?)

I'd keep going, but I think that's all the shame I can take for one day.  


Do you have any books that you feel guilty you haven't read yet?

10 comments:

Amy said...

I haven't read Fast Food Nation yet either! But really, you didn't miss much with Wuthering Heights. I've read it twice and both times felt it was a wast of my time.

~Enamored Soul~ said...

Oh darling, darling, darling...

Don't be ashamed, instead, go to your local library and check those books out!!!! I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read "Fast Food Nation" either, but then I'm not TOO big on Non-Fic, so that is not surprising.

But let me tell you, "The Poisonwood Bible" changed my life, and "Wuthering Heights" will forever remain, for me, the tragic love story that went awfully awry due to it's flawed, but oh-so-real, characters! Those two are amongst my FAVORITES, so I canNOT recommend them enough. I absolutely loved "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" as well...

Good luck...be not ashamed...I am sure many, like you, have not YET experienced the awesomeness contained between the pages of those books! :D

~Hira~
Enamoredsoul(at)gmail(dot)com

Melissa Mc (Gerbera Daisy Diaries) said...

I haven't read WH either. Not worried about it.
Really want to read Tenant of Wildfell Hall though.
No Tolstoy, No Hemingway, No Faulkner...there are lots.

MindySue said...

@Enamored Soul - I HAVE all of these books...have had for YEARS. I just haven't read them yet. Thanks to all of you though, for making feel better about my procrastination though!

Claudia said...

Pssst......I haven't read those books either.

Dolcie said...

Don Quixote - I majored in Spanish, but somehow managed to graduate without even reading it.

Kari said...

I haven't red The Scarlet Letter or The Great Gatsby. Oh, I am so ashamed!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read *gasp* Pride and Prejudice

Natalie said...

The only one I've read out of that bunch is Wuthering Heights, and I have to agree with Amy. Lame to the max. Then again, I can't even make it through Pride and Prejudice without pulling my hair out from all of the wordiess. I'll take the movies over the books any day. :)

P.S. Fast Food Nation is good, but if you've seen Food, Inc., it's basically the same idea.

MindySue said...

*GASP* NATALIE!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST TYPED THAT!!! Movies over BOOKS?!?! FOR SHAME. I could see there being a book/food dilemma (as both are necessary for survival) but MOVIES?! SMH

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails