Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I dreamed a dream...of, among other things, a very hairy Hugh Jackman

image

If you have been living under a rock the last year or so, then you'll be thrilled to hear that Victor Hugo's classic novel of the French Revolution, Les Miserables, has been adapted for the screen and will be hitting theaters on Christmas Day.  If you're like me, you've been following every scrap of news for a while and are beyond excited to see it.  After all, nothing says Merry Christmas like Hugh Jackman as Val Jean.  Am I right?

Whether you've read the book or not, I highly recommend seeing this movie in theaters.  Read the book before, after, or not at all!  I think it will still be worth it.  If you're not yet convinced, watch this preview and the following featurette.  Both had me in tears!

FEATURETTE

Not enough for you?  Me either.  Watch clips of Who am I, At the End of the Day (language), On My Own, A Heart Full of Love, and Val Jean's release.

If these videos are any indication, Anne Hathaway is going to get an Oscar.
(Psssst.  It's 12/12/12.  Pretty cool, huh!? That kind of repetition won't happen again till January 1st, 2101)

2 comments:

Kylaxo said...

Very excited to see this movie! There are some recognisable faces (such as Amanda Seyfriend, Anne Hathaway, Helena etc) never knew that they had such talent.

Kari said...

I think part of what makes Les Mis so amazing is the music. I loved watching the trailers that explained how they did the musical parts. They may have managed to capture on film what going to the broadway show offers. If so, I WILL own this! Very excited and really hoping it lives up to my expectation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails