Friday, April 12, 2013

It's National D.E.A.R. Day!



I love the idea of a day celebrating reading.  National D.E.A.R. Day falls on Beverly Cleary's birthday, partly to honor her, and also because what better day is there to read than the creator of Ramona's birthday?

We're celebrating by hosting a family Read-a-thon, perhaps serving up some of our favorite literary dishes (I might even try my hand at some Pumpkin Pasties!), and enjoying an excuse to do what we want to do most every day - drop everything and READ!


1 comment:

Angela Holland said...

I read your post today and had to smile. I loved Beverly Cleary when I was young and tried to get my kids to read her too. I shared your post on facebook, google, and twitter. Thank you for sharing with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails