Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Christmas time is a busy, busy time of year, filled with parties, get-togethers, recitals, performances, concerts, plays, and altogether too little reading time!

We value that reading time here at Reading for Sanity, but there's something that I value something even more. Christmas itself, the chance to celebrate the birth of the Savior.

Every year my family gathers to read the beautiful, and arguably the most important chapter in the Bible, Luke 2.  It is such a beautiful recount of such a beautiful moment, and it truly brings our minds to where I feel they need to be.

Don't get me wrong, the festivities are fun, but without my knowledge of the Savior, I don't think my enjoyment in them would be as great.  This incredible video has touched me every time I've watched it. Whether I'm feeling Christmassy or Grinch-y, it brings to life why I'm here, why I believe what I do, and gives me so much joy.


This Christmas season, I want to give you a gift.  As I mentioned, reading is important in our family.  But there's one book we strive to read every day.


This Christmas, I want to share this book with you.  If you're curious about what we believe, and if you want to read this incredible book of scripture for yourself, please leave a comment with your email address.  I'll send one to you.  It means that much to me.

We at Reading for Sanity want to wish you all a merry, merry Christmas.  This is such a special time of year, and we hope it's a joyful one for you!

3 comments:

Sue said...

That was awesome!! Thanks for sharing. :)

I already have The Book. I love it as much as you do. :)

Javier Salazar Calle said...

Where can I get one in Spain?. I'm curious about it.

Marsh Mayhem said...

Javier, email me your address, and I can either send two kind young men to you to explain the Book in greater detail (and give you your own), or I'll send one your way. But these nice young men would be able to get you one in Spanish! I only have English and German right now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails